Are you a qualified skipper, competent to skipper/maintain our two accessible boats, Thames Discoverer and Thames Venturer ?
In order to be the right person for this role you should have:
- an IWHC or equivalent boat handling qualification
- a good working knowledge of the River Thames in our areas of operation
- experience in assessing and managing operational risk in marine or other safety-critical environments
- Proven involvement in operational health and safety compliance
- Excellent working knowledge of boat propulsion, auxiliary, electrical and other systems and their maintenance needs
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements governing passenger vessels
- Good experience in training and development, ideally of boat crew
- Good communication and leadership skills to lead a committed team
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone to join our small staff team of 3 people, supported by about 70 volunteers. Our volunteers are key to delivering our activities. The successful candidate will need to work collaboratively with our volunteers and with the staff team.
The position is 22.5 hours per week, to be worked generally on three set weekdays, between 9am and 5.30pm, on our boats based in Kingston and at our office in Teddington.
Salary: £25,000 pa (£41,667 FTE)
For any queries about your application please contact Pippa Butterfield email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th February 2022
This post is subject to DBS clearance at enhanced level.