Are you passionate about outdoor learning, with a personal commitment to environmental sustainability? Do you have the ability to inspire and engage others to understand and respect their environment?
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Education Manager to lead our very successful environmental education programmes, based on our converted Dutch barge Thames Venturer.
The main focus of the role is to deliver our current school programmes: School on the River and Eco- Venturers. You will be joining our small staff team of 3 people, supported by about 70 volunteers. Our volunteers are key to delivering our activities. The successful candidate will need to work collaboratively with our volunteers and with the staff team.
The position is 30 hours per week, term time only, working flexible hours, at riverside locations in Teddington, Kingston and occasionally Tower Bridge and from our office in Teddington.
In order to be the right person for this role you should be/have:
• Educated to degree level with a teaching qualification
• A solid understanding of geography and environmental science
• Experience of working with primary school children
• Experience in recruiting, managing and training volunteers in order to deliver our environmental education programmes
• Excellent communication, IT and interpersonal skills
• The ability to publicise and market programmes and interact with existing and potential schools and clients
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
You can download a full job and person specification here
Please complete our online application form by clicking here
Salary: £18,192 pa (£27,500 FTE) – £19,515 pa (£29,500 FTE), depending on qualifications and experience.
For any queries about your application please contact Gemma Hindi email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th January 2020
This post is subject to DBS clearance at enhanced level