Are you passionate about outdoor learning, with a personal commitment to environmental sustainability? Do you have the ability to inspire and engage others to understand and respect their environment?
We are looking for a highly motivated Education Coordinator to lead our very successful environmental education programmes, based mainly on our converted Dutch barge Thames Venturer.
The key focus of the role is to deliver our current school programmes: School on the River and Eco-Venturers. You will be joining our small staff team of 3 people, supported by about 45 volunteers. Our volunteers are key to delivering our activities. The successful candidate will need to work collaboratively with our volunteers and with the staff team.
The position is 30 hours per week, term time only, working flexible hours, at riverside locations in Teddington, Kingston and occasionally Tower Bridge as well as from our office in Teddington.
In order to be the right person for this role you should be/have:
• Educated to degree level in a relevant subject and with relevant teaching experience
• A solid understanding of geography and/or environmental science
• Experience of working with primary school children
• Excellent communication, IT and interpersonal skills
• The ability to publicise our programmes and interact with existing and potential schools and clients
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Salary: £16,500 pa (£25,000 FTE) – £19,140 pa (£29,000 FTE), depending on qualifications and experience.
For any queries about your application please contact Gemma Hindi email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 15th March 2021
This post is subject to DBS clearance at enhanced level.